EPAT – Anti Aging
What is EPAT?
EPAT is a modern, highly effective treatment method characterized by the application of acoustic pressure waves to the affected body regions. This innovative treatment method is chosen by an increasing number of women as preventive treatment to reverse and eliminate visible sings of connective tissue disorders.
EPAT performed with radial applicator uses high-energy acoustic waes that are introduced into the patient’s body in the form of high-frequency oscillations. EPAT is the first effective and long lasting treatment modality for treating connective tissue disorders. Acoustic pressure waves have been used in medicine with great success since 1980 for the disintegration of kidney stones and since 1992 for the treatment of orthopedic conditions including acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
It’s EPAT that makes the difference.
EPAT has been successfully used in aesthetic medicine in the course of several clinical application studies. EPAT treatment has a multiplayer effect.
- Skin – skin tightening, better skin structure and contour.
- Fatty Tissue – Increased blood filow, activation of metabolism, stimulation of lipolysis and body shaping.
- Connective Tissue – Stimulation and activation of collagen formation
- Lymphatic system – improved circulation and drainage
- Muscle – normalization of muscle tone
Treatment Areas Include
- Upper Arms
- Gluteal Regions
How is the treatment performed?
Your medical professional will apply coupling gel to the treatment area to enhance treatment effectiveness. After these preparations, acoustic pressure waves are released via the applicator and moved over the entire treatment region.
What is the duration of the treatment and how many treatments will I need?
Treatment sessions take approximately 20 minutes depending on the number of areas to be treated. Generally, 8-12 treatment sessions (2 per week) are necessary.
What will happen after the treatment?
you will receive post treatment instructions from your physician, however, you will be able to immediately resume normal activities.
Is it safe?
Yes. This FDA cleared technology was developed in Europe and is currently used around the globe. The non-invasive treatment has virtually no risks or side effects. A wealth of medical experience, state-of-the-art engineering and optimal quality have been built into each device, and extensive clinical studies and tests have confrmed its safety and efficacy.
If performed by a qualified medical professional, EPAT has virtually no risks or side effects.
What are they?
- Connective tissue disorders affect 80%-90% of all women. Factors such as genetics, hormones, pregnancy, and aging all attribute to the weakening of the collagen fibers, decreasing skin elasticity, thickness and tone of connective tissue and give the typical orange peel appearance on thighs, buttocks and upper arms.
- Fibrous strans of tissue connect your skin to deeper tissue layers, creating compartments of ordinary fat cells. When the fat cells increase in size, the compartments bulge and produce the dimpling (orange-peel) appearance on your skin’s surface.
- Regular exercise and well-balanced diets do not always reverse or prevent its formation, although an unhealthy lifestyle will make the overall appearance worse over time due to poor nutrition, weight gain and lack of sufficient water intake.
Aesthetic Medicine Redefined
The EPAT treatment has proven results and these results are reflected in its high patient satisfaction. in our pilot study (Sattler, Aesthetic Dermatology February 2008), 91% of patients would recommend EPAT to other patients. The women noticed an improvement in their skin in an average of only 2.5 sessions with no side effects reported.
How can I get more information?
Your doctor is the best person to talk with if you have questions or concerns about the procedure. He or she has extensive knowledge and specialized training on all aspects of its use, safety and effectiveness.